Sunday 22 May 2016

5 happy things:: week one


This week has been a tough one... Work has been stressful, I've been poorly and I haven't been sleeping. Bad times. However, I think writing 5 happy things will make me value the little moments that happen amongst bad ones.

1. Getting up early both today and yesterday. Getting out of the house early (even if it is just for coffee and pastries) makes me feel productive and like I'm getting the most out of my weekend... Add in good coffee, random chats about life and ever so slightly undercooked pastries (yum!) and I'm a happy girl.


2. Johnny and I went out for dinner at one of our local restaurants last night with friends and managed to wangle a birthday discount even though it was no ones birthday. Score.


3. Rediscovering Waitrose's coffee shortbread. We first had it last year when we went on a trip and it's one of the best biscuits around. It's lush.


4. Making sure we make our bed everyday. This sounds so lame but it really makes me feel less sad about getting up and going to work because when our bed is made, it looks so nice! Next bedding is my absolute favourite and I'm excited to buy some more sets come winter as our current 'christmas' set is becoming a bit tired.


5. Bagels. Poppyseed bagels with apricot conserve to be specific. These have been my staple lunch all week and they've made work days a little easier to get through.


I'm trying to do these every week. Let's see how long it'll last.

No comments:

Post a Comment